I apply my experience of working within complex systems to design a series of solutions which aid in identifying loan errors, in turn reducing the time and expense it takes for a loan to get funded.
- Automation and Document Intelligence group (containing 5 products & tools) lead
- Sets the design direction for AI-driven tools, both customer-facing and internal
- Strategic partner with product and engineering leads
- Technical and people manager; mentor for those inside the company wanting to move into UX; authored a reusable mentoring plan
- Provides continual cross-department critiques to ensure design team and output is world-class
I use my strong technical background combined with business acumen & user empathy to design responsible, user-centered software in the medical SaaS space.
- Product: ZOLL Dispatch, SaaS map-based computer aided dispatch system (designed from ground-up and recently launched)
- Product: ZOLL Respond, iOS/Android paramedic/EMT mobile toolset for comms, navigation, & assignments
- UX Architect for all SaaS products in the Communications Group, setting vision and strategy alongside PM
- Integral founder & architect for ZOLL Dispatch, a SaaS EMS dispatch application which contains features and solutions entirely informed by user research and task analysis
- Pioneered a component and role-based dispatching system which A) meant a single system could be tailored to specific user roles, and B) that system was inherently scalable from a product and engineering standpoint
- Valuing communication and transparency, I regularly gave user-advocacy talks and present data research to my scrum team, and the company at large
- Mentor to junior team members, a leader on product teams, and a servant leader to all
I’m passionate about teaching, coaching, & mentoring human-focused design professionals.
- Taught a 200-level web development course as part of the Multimedia & Graphic Design department
- Designed my own curriculum focused on solid design guidelines and principles focusing on elements and principles of design
- Approached the course with a holistic view from a professional’s perspective
- Upon completion of the course, students had an expanded understanding and ability to craft the foundations of the web experience, and a solid understanding of what it will take to be a successful web designer
I brought unity to the customer’s shopping experience by providing an intuitive journey that spanned from their devices to the point the groceries arrived on their doorsteps, which in turn grew company profitability.
- Lead developer of the front-end team, responsible for the website user experience, interface design, and front end development
- Was responsible for building, guiding and defining architectural direction
- Major components of my job included wireframing, designing, coding, and maintaining front-end architecture and patterns
- Driver in the vision of the front end from an interface and code perspective that ensured quality and emphasizes best-practices
- I utilized data from user testing, analytics, and behavioral metrics to drive design and product decisions
By running my own business, I gained the vital industry and tech experience that formed the foundations on which I’ve built my career.
- Ran a profitable freelance business focusing on growing the online presence of small businesses
- Grew project management, business development, accounting and mentoring skills
- I specialized in static brochure websites and custom Wordpress builds
- Worked closely with my clients and fostered long-term relationships
- Translated their requirements into dynamic, rich and usable designs by providing wireframes and comps
- Provided coded websites that met budget and requirements
- Provided hosting to clients and managed their site needs
The Early Years
2000 - 2008
Even before I began my traditional career, I had many opportunities and experiences that grew and shaped me into what I am today.
- Technical writer at Cummins Natural Gas, engineering division
- Founded a local coffee shop, managed up to fifteen employees at any given time
- Textile screen printer
- Starbucks assistant manager